The BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey for 2016 is out and the results are stunning. A good review is extremely valuable for your business. You must work to have a positive online reputation if you expect to get new customers. Here are a few of the key ‘takeaways’.
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they’re asked to
- 90% of consumers read less than 10 reviews before forming an opinion about a business
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews
- 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more
- 58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important